With the sunny weather it seemed apt to talk about this on the radio plus at a talk I gave at the RSPH in London. It seemed especially important as a lack of vitamin D can contribute to falls in older people.
It has been recognised that some people may require a supplement of Vitamin D and they are:-
- All pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Infants and young children under 5 years of age
- Older people aged 65 years and over
- People who have low or no exposure to the sun
- People who have darker skin
For more information go to http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/2012/02/advice-vitamin-d/