I am really pleased with the update of this book. I wrote it first in 2004 and it is now in the 5th edition.
Originally I was asked to write is as students liked my lecture notes and these ended up being this book which was fabulous. It has had some nice reviews.
It provides a comprehensive introduction to nutrition and health. It is published by Highfield.co.uk Ltd
It is approximately £12.00
Intermediate Nutrition & Health, is an ideal text for use on Intermediate Nutrition & Health training courses and to support specialist in-house nutrition training courses.
- Title: Intermediate Nutrition & Health
- Author: Dr Mabel Blades
- Pages: 144
- ISBN: 978-1-909749-13-9
- Illustrations: Full colour
- Format: B5 firmback, gloss finish
- Published: 2013, 5th Edition
It has been developed to take the reader effortlessly through a complex subject. It provides a good, comprehensive basis for anyone wanting to study the subject with easy-to-assimilate sections which are enlivened by memorable illustrations. Subjects covered
- Food, nutrition and health
- Factors affecting food intake and choice
- Fluids including alcohol
- The fate of nutrients
- Nutrition for different life stages
- Healthy eating and malnutrition
- Therapeutic diets
- Ethnic minority groups and their dietary requirements
- Promoting healthy eating
- Factors affecting the British diet