Wednesday 22 March 2017

TRAINING COURSE FOR THOSE WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES

 A little while ago I did training for groups of people using the X-pert  course for those with diabetes

Evaluations showed people really enjoyed the courses and it helped them to understand the condition plus also take steps to manage it.

Diabetes UK has an on line course

David, a Diabetes UK supporter, attended an X-PERT education course for people living with Type 2 diabetes. Find out how it's changed his life.

David's story
I decided to go on an X-PERT course after I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in my late 40s. I'd put it off because I wasn’t sure how helpful it would be, but now I'm spreading the word on how it’s changed my life and what made the course so fascinating and inspiring.

A major thing I took from the course is an understanding of the different treatment options that are available. It helped me make a decision about what treatment could be right for me and it gave me the confidence to suggest this treatment to my diabetes nurse. We’ve tried it out and it’s been successful.
 

 
 
Since the course my HbA1c has gone down significantly.
I’m at the bottom of the desirable range for people with diabetes and I’m hoping to put my diabetes in remission. The sooner I can do that the better the outcomes will be for me longer term.

Thanks to the X-PERT course I feel full of confidence about the future.
I’m now looking forward to retirement. I want to be fit and healthy into my 90s and this course has helped me make decisions to do precisely that.

If you can't attend a course in person there are free online options like Diabetes UK's Type 2 and Me.

diabetes.org.uk OR to:diabetesuk@email.diabetes.org


Diabetes UK. Know diabetes. Fight diabetes.

 

3 comments:

  1. Quickly this particular web address may irrefutably wind up renowned between each and every composing lots of people, due to persistent content articles as well as evaluations as well as rankings. contrôler votre glycémie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other group of people who could benefit from learning about statins and diabetes are those who have already been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease. Is Omnipod Dash good for Diabetes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test strip discs need to be seated in the monitor correctly or they won't work. And single strips need to be inserted all the way before they will turn on the meter. sell test strips

    ReplyDelete